If you live in Colorado, you’re well aware of the culture surrounding hiking and outdoor activities. The most dedicated hikers will not be dissuaded by rainy or otherwise inclement weather, but they are dedicated to the proper attire to ensure a comfortable and safe hike. If you’re new to the area or to hiking, you may wonder what men’s fashion in Basalt, CO entails for outdoor activities and hiking. Read on to learn everything you need to know about hiking attire:
- Choose materials carefully: Denim and cotton aren’t the best fabrics to wear while hiking. They hold onto water, so you’ll feel sweatier in higher temperatures and cold in rainy or colder weather. Instead, opt for polyester, nylon or merino wool, which dry quicker thanks to their wicking ability. These are especially important for layers that will be next to your skin. For pants, make sure you’re wearing something sturdy as well as comfortable. Thin workout fabrics like yoga pants will tear easily. Depending on the weather you’re going to encounter, you’ll also want to think about insulation, waterproof qualities, breathability and protection from the sun.
- Plan for all conditions: When you start out on a hike, it may be a cool, rainy morning. However, by midday, the sun might be beating down and making your insulating layers feel especially uncomfortable. Plan ahead for various weather conditions by dressing in layers and wearing waterproof, breathable clothing.
- Jackets: Jackets worn on hikes should be both warm and rainproof. Polyester fleece jackets are great for insulation in cool weather, while a puffy jacket with polyester fill and a water-resistant down is perfect for wintry conditions where moisture may also be present. A rain jacket might be another good one to have, and even rain pants if you’re expecting especially rainy weather.
- Brimmed hat: A hat with a brim is essential for protecting your eyes and face from the sun. Plus, it will keep your head dry if it begins to rain. You may think sunscreen and sunglasses are enough, but after a day’s worth of hiking in the sun, you’ll be glad to have some shade across your eyes and face.
- Sturdy shoes: The most important aspect of your hiking gear and men’s fashion in Basalt, CO for outdoor wear is arguably your shoes. Sturdy, supportive and comfortable hiking boots or shoes with plenty of traction on both wet and dry surfaces are essential.
Midland Shoe has been providing durable, stylish shoes and men’s fashion in Basalt, CO for over two decades. We are dedicated to finding quality, comfortable shoes and boots at affordable prices so everyone can enjoy the wonderful hikes in Colorado in comfort and style. You’ll find name brands like Dansko, Earthies, Pikolinos, Sorel and more, along with all the accessories you need, like socks and bags. Plus, we provide excellent customer service and are dedicated to our customers’ satisfaction. We have the most varied selection of anyone in the area. Come by today to get outfitted for your next hike!