If you live in or are visiting Colorado, it’s likely that you are at least somewhat interested in hiking. Before heading to the nearest men’s shoe stores in Basalt, CO to buy proper hiking gear for your feet, check out this list of the top trails you must hike while you’re in Colorado:
- Huron Peak: Huron Peak is a high, triangular peak at 14,003 feet. It has one of the best trails in Colorado and runs through pine forests as well as broad meadows. At the summit, you’ll be able to experience multiple views of the Hope Pass, as well as Sawatch Peaks.
- Capitol Peak: Capitol peak is one of the most challenging hikes in Colorado. The mount is solid rock and a tricky climb. The length is 18 miles round-trip, which takes you through an aspen forest and ends at Capitol Lake. The summit is famously known as the “knife edge traverse,” which is not for the faint of heart!
- Mount Elbert: Hike Mount Elbert to see a great view of the Twin Lakes and Pikes Peak from the summit. This hike is the highest summit in Colorado, but it’s a gentle one. The trails are easily accessible and form large, rounded domes that begin in a beautiful pine forest and emerge into great views. However gentle it may be, the hike is still over four and half miles at an elevation of 4,400 feet, so ensuring you have the right footwear is essential.
- San Luis Peak: San Luis Peak is in the middle of the Rockies, located in a remote portion of the San Juan Mountains. It’s isolated and features sights like peaceful creeks and fields of wildflowers. The trails are fairly easy to traverse, and the views are beautiful, with all-natural landmarks.
- Long’s Peak: While Long’s Peak is far from the most difficult hike, only about 50 percent of hikers who attempt the climb reach its summit at 14,255 feet. It’s a five-and-a-half-mile hike that takes you through the famous Keyhole rock as well as steep scrambles, narrow ledges and dark bands of rock.
- Crestone Needle: The Crestone Needle is an intimidating mountain with a peak at 14,197 feet. It’s a rocky, tough trail with knobby stones and rocky gullies.
- Blanca Peak: Blanca Peak features the famous Sand Dunes National Park at the foot of the mountain and various assorted ecosystems throughout the hike, including a desert-like tundra at the start and alpine lakes toward the summit. The rugged trail is challenging, but well worth the effort for the views.
If you’re on your way to a challenging hike this summer, don’t forget to stop by men’s shoe stores in Basalt, CO beforehand! Midland Shoe makes shopping for shoes a great experience. We provide durable, stylish footwear and are dedicated to finding quality, comfortable shoes and boots at affordable prices for each of our customers. We are up to date with the latest trends and familiar with the classic styles. Come by today and get outfitted for your next hike!