Pikolinos shoes are high-quality leather footwear made for active outdoor lifestyles. The United Kingdom-based company creates dependable footwear for both women and men. As with any shoe made from natural materials, however, Pikolinos require some degree of regular care, cleaning and maintenance to maintain their shape, condition and quality for as long as possible.
While Pikolinos are, indeed, built to last, it’s important to invest some amount of time in caring for them. As with any leather shoe, Pikolinos shoes are covered in pores that need to be cleaned and sealed regularly to maintain the shoes’ integrity and quality. Be sure to pick up the right shoe care equipment and supplies at your local shoe store specializing in the sale of Pikolinos shoes in Basalt, CO.
There’s a series of regular care steps that you can use to keep your Pikolinos shoes in tip-top shape. Here are the steps necessary to keep your Pikolinos shoes in Basalt, CO looking great:
- Gather supplies: First, you’ll need to collect all of the necessary supplies that you’ll need to clean and care for your shoes. Assemble a slightly damp cleaning cloth, a dry cleaning cloth, shoe cream that matches the leather finish of your Pikolinos shoes and a beeswax polishing sponge.
- Remove laces and dirt: Next, remove the shoes’ laces, if there are any, and use the damp cloth to gently scrub away any surface dirt. Be careful not to damage the leather while removing the dirt from the shoe. After wiping the shoe down thoroughly with the wet rag, allow the shoe to dry.
- Apply cream and allow to dry: Take the shoe cream and spread it evenly around the surface of the shoe, making sure to cover the leather surface evenly. If your shoe cream didn’t include an applicator, use a small sponge to spread the shoe cream around. Let the shoe cream dry onto the surface of the leather.
- Buff the shoe: Using the dry, clean cloth, buff the shoe cream on the surface of the leather. Use soft, even movements to buff the cream off the shoe. Make sure that the cream has thoroughly dried before attempting to buff it out, or else the dry cloth will simply become saturated with shoe cream.
- Apply wax: Next, use a beeswax sponge to apply wax to the surface of the shoe. This will hydrate and protect the leather and provide the shoes with a glossy finish that helps them look like they’re brand new. If possible, pick up a Pikolinos-branded beeswax sponge from your favorite local shoe store.
Since 1992, Midland Shoe has been a premier purveyor of Pikolinos shoes in Basalt, CO. We offer an extensive inventory of shoes and footwear designed for the mountain lifestyle. We’re committed to helping our customers find the shoes that will keep them active and stylish. To learn more about our selection of Pikolinos shoes, as well as any of the other brands that we carry, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.