They say the suit makes the man—but you should pay attention to more than your jacket and slacks when it comes to men’s fashion in Basalt, CO. You might be sending the wrong message with your socks!
Do you know what your socks are saying about you? They are probably saying more than you think, and the message might not be the one you want to send. Before you put your feet on display, consider the following:
- Quality: Are you wearing designer dress shirts with low-quality socks? Don’t low-ball the sock portion of your wardrobe if you are a big spender on the rest of your outfits. The socks will stick out like a sore thumb (or toe). The entire effect of your ensemble can be ruined by low-quality socks.
- Fashion: Take the time to consider which socks are appropriate for your attire. Socks are involved in way too many fashion faux pas. If you want to send a professional message, don’t throw on a pair of novelty socks with a suit. On the other hand, maybe you want to be seen as silly and fun-loving. Don’t underestimate the power of your socks. They help send an overall message about your personality. What message do you want that to be?
- Comfort: Socks should do more than match your style. They should also be wearable. If your socks are uncomfortable, your whole body suffers. They can affect your mood and your ability to complete the task at hand, whether it’s to stand around at a cocktail party or hike over rough terrain. For the best outcome from men’s fashion in Basalt, CO, choose the right socks for the comfort level you need each day.
- Wear and tear: You may think people won’t see your socks, but this is risky. If you wear those old, worn-out socks that have grass stains, holes and stretched ankles, you’ll be red in the face if you end up needing to remove your shoes at a dinner party. Worn socks suggest slovenly habits, cheapness and unreliability. Keep this in mind as you peruse your sock drawer. Are there any pairs you need to retire to the circular file?
- Color: What color socks do you usually wear? When it comes to hues, the first priority is obviously a good match to your outfit. Beyond that, color also speaks to your taste and personality. Bold colors tend to give the impression you are a bold person. Subdued shades send the message that you are serious. Don the right colors to send the appropriate message for each setting, from job interviews to informal parties.
Want to learn more about the secrets to men’s fashion in Basalt, CO? Visit the experts at Midland Shoe. Locally owned and operated, we are confident you will not find better footwear elsewhere. Stop in today to check out what we have in stock. We offer the greatest in women’s and men’s fashion in Basalt, CO. Give your feet a treat by visiting our store!