The Rocky Mountain State boasts a number of unique and awe-inspiring environments, from stunning sand dunes to placid alpine lakes to piercing mountain vistas. Because of the vast geographic diversity found in Colorado, there are a number of different climates and weather events that you should be prepared for, whether you’re a one-time visitor or a lifelong resident.
Working with a shoe store in Basalt, CO can help you make an informed decision about the type of outerwear and footwear you should have on hand for all of your Rocky Mountain State adventures. It’s important to be properly outfitted so as to avoid potentially dangerous conditions in some of the state’s more vicious natural environments.
Here are just a few of the things that you should bring on your first trip to Colorado:
- Eye protection: This is one of the most important pieces of an outfit that you can use in Colorado. Because much of the state is at a higher elevation, the sun is often bright and intense. Even if it’s cold out and there’s snow on the ground, you could still be damaging your eyes by exposing them to the bright mountain light.
- Layered clothing: It’s important to wear layers each and every day you plan to spend outside in Colorado. Days can heat up quickly, and temperatures can drop frighteningly fast at night, which means that you should prepare for a wide range of temperature differences on any given day.
- Warm, light outerwear: If you’re planning to engage in any outdoor activities in Colorado, especially at a higher elevation, you should wear outerwear that is both exceedingly warm and also physically light. Down or micro-down are often some of the best materials to wear at high elevations.
- Shoes for all seasons: Depending on the type of activity you’re engaging in, you may want to invest in several different kinds of shoes. Consult with one of the boot stores in Basalt, CO to learn more about the different types of shoes you should bring on your Colorado adventure.
- Useful accessories: When visiting a shoe store in Basalt, CO, you should also look for some fun and useful accessories, like scarves, mittens and gloves. You may also want to purchase light mountaineering gear, like traction devices to put on the bottom of your boots, depending on conditions outside.
Since 1992, Midland Shoe has been one of the most trusted boot stores in Basalt, CO. We are proud to provide each and every one of our customers with high-quality footwear that is sure to meet their specific needs. We work extensively with everyone who visits our shop to provide them with dependable outdoor gear that can help them make the most of Colorado’s diverse natural resources and stunning natural environments.
Reach out to one of our friendly representatives today to learn more about how we can help outfit you for all of the adventures that your trip to the High Rockies may have in store for you!