Outdoorsmen have a tendency to buy shoes and equipment that will get the job done. Whether that job is hiking to the top of a lonely summit or trekking through a busy city landscape, we sometimes forget that the shoes that carry us mile after mile are not always an appropriate choice for other aspects of our lives. Take, for example, meeting a Tinder date at a nice restaurant. In this situation, you should not wear your well-loved Birkenstocks, high country lace-ups or waterproof Tevas. Sure, she might be outdoorsy, but is that what she will want to see on the first date?
Luckily, you have many options when shopping at men’s shoe stores in Basalt, CO. Read on to learn more about footwear that communicates an outdoorsy personality along with a sense of style:
- Desert boots: One of the more versatile members of the boot family, the desert boot is somewhere between a dress shoe and a hiking boot. It says, “Sure, I can play this 9-to-5 game until the weekend, then I’m out.” The desert boot is a nice middle ground for anyone who doesn’t like the formal, polished look, but who also doesn’t want to look like a slob. This boot might be the perfect “first date” choice. With crepe rubber soles, it’s both elegant and functional.
- Chukka boots: A versatile lace-up ankle boot, the chukka boot is considered a stylish casual and dress boot, making it a great option for your next date or social outing. Chukkas are a comfortable alternative to regular daily wear boots and are traditionally made of calfskin suede leather with leather soles.
- Pull-on boots: There is an increasing number of pull-on boots that are both functional and good-looking. Like the desert boot, they are easy to kick off, but stay in place so you can do all of your normal walking around without getting blisters. Depending on the style you opt for, you might find a good pair for an evening out or a pair that looks more at home on the open range.
- Lace-up boots: Lace-up boots come in a variety of styles beyond just the time-tested hiking boot. Ankle-high and low-rise lace-ups can make a statement or quietly pair with a casual outfit. Whether you opt for high-shine leather or muted brown, lace-ups are perfect for cold weather and any trekking that might occur.
- Slip-on sneakers: If you’ve got all the boots you need, consider a slip-on sneaker. Not only is the slip-on a casual must-have, it’s also a very comfortable footwear choice for running daily errands, enjoying a night out with friends or even grabbing a beer with the girl you ran into while out running errands. Slip-ons have come a long way since the days of pulling the laces out of a pair of Converse and calling yourself good to go. Today’s slip-ons are stylish, comfortable and an all around must-have.
Midland Shoe is one of the best stocked men’s shoe stores in Basalt, CO—visit us today to check out our selection!