Autumn is upon us and, believe it or not, winter is fast approaching. You have likely already traded in your beach towel and sunglasses for an umbrella and scarves, and perhaps you’ve even visited a shoe store in Basalt, CO to browse their winter boots, but you still might find yourself feeling chilly as you go out to brave the dropping temperatures. One of the most common complaints that people have during the colder months is that their feet just won’t stay warm. When you are outside all day, trudging through rain, snow and freezing temperatures, it can be a challenge to keep your feet toasty. Fortunately, there are some useful tips that you can follow to ensure that your feet are protected from the elements and you stay warm and comfortable all fall and winter long:
- Wear cozy socks: Make sure that you have on the right socks before you lace up your shoes and head out the door. Put on heavy wool socks to keep your feet warm. Depending on how cold the temperature is, you might want to layer a lightweight wicking sock with your heavier wool socks for extra warmth.
- Use insoles: A lot of the chill that you feel in your feet when you’re outside comes directly from the cold ground. When you use insoles, you elevate your feet and better insulate them from the cold temperatures outside.
- Keep your whole body warm: When you are warm, your circulation is better throughout your entire body. When your core temperature begins to drop, you will start to feel cold in your arms and legs, including your feet. You should focus on wearing warm layers in order to keep your temperature up.
- Stay dry: Your main objective when you are going to venture out into the cold should be to stay dry. When you get wet, your core temperature will quickly begin to drop. As long as you can stay dry, you have a better chance of keeping yourself warm.
- Invest in quality shoes: The best way to keep your feet warm is by investing in shoes that are designed to provide insulation and protection from freezing conditions. In addition to finding shoes that keep your feet warm, you also need to find shoes that can provide sufficient grip in icy and rainy conditions. Shoes with Vibram’s Arctic Grip sole technology will provide exceptional traction while helping you to stay warm and safe all fall and winter long. You can find footwear with Vibram’s Arctic Grip at a shoe store in Basalt, CO.
At Midland Shoe, we have decades of experience providing each of the customers who walks through our doors with exceptional products that are designed to fit into their lifestyle. Whether you spend your fall and winter cozied up inside or you brave the elements to embark on wilderness hikes, we have an inventory that is designed to cater to your needs. We understand how important it is to find a balance between functionality and aesthetic appeal, which is why we strive to carry an inventory of high quality products that you can look and feel great in. If you would like to see our inventory for yourself, simply stop by—our knowledgeable staff would be happy to assist you!