When you own a pair of sandals with a suede footbed, you need to take special care to ensure they last as long as you would like. These types of insoles are developed to form right to your foot and are more sensitive to normal wear and abuse. Special shoe care supplies and accessories in Basalt, CO are designed to take care of these insoles and make sure they last for the long haul. Using the following products and methods can help increase the longevity of your suede sandals and help preserve them for next season. Here are some additional tips to help care for your suede footbed sandals:
- Avoid heat: Excessive heat can cause the suede soles of your sandals to shrink. This will make them fit improperly, so care should be taken when storing them or leaving them in an unventilated area. If your suede soles do shrink, head on over to your favorite shoe store in Basalt, CO, as they will be able to repair them and get them looking like new again.
- Apply cork sealant: To extend the life of your soles, add a cork sealant to their surface. This will help prevent cracking and dullness. It will add an extra layer of protection to your suede soles and help them last longer during wear. You can find a cork sealant at any local shoe store that stocks shoe care supplies and accessories in Basalt, CO.
- Use a suede protectant: Additional protection can also be provided by a suede protectant. Apply this after each cleaning to prevent dirt buildup from occurring on your sandals. You will want to apply this directly to the sole, as well as to the upper portion of your sandals, for maximum protection.
- Clean and care for linings: The linings of your suede sandals can take a beating with extensive wear. Be sure to clean the linings frequently and deodorize as necessary. You can get a shampoo solution especially for suede soles at a shoe store in Basalt, CO. This can prevent your sandals from smelling bad and keep them feeling clean and fresh.
- Replace worn soles: When shoe care supplies and accessories in Basalt, CO seem to make little difference in the condition of your sandals, you may want to consider replacing the suede soles of your sandals entirely. This is also a good idea when the tread has worn, or the heel is showing signs of age. This will help preserve your sandals and breathe new life into your shoes for next season.
Shop your favorite shoe store in Basalt, CO for suede sole care products to care for your sandals. This will help increase the life of your sandals and make sure they look pristine at all times. Visit Midland Shoe for a variety of shoe styles and all the care solutions and products you need to maintain their appearance. Midland Shoe stocks all the top brands in shoes, sandals and athletic wear. You’ll be sure to find a shoe that fits your personality as well as your style!