Today, you can get just about anything at the click of a button. You simply use the search bar on your web browser to find what you need, select the item, add it to your online shopping cart and order away. Many people find online shopping a huge convenience and time saver over having to go out to an actual store. And sure, there are a lot of things you can get online that you don’t need to see first—like non-perishable foods, candies, DVDs and books. But what about items that require a size selection, like shoes?
Although you may know your shoe size, size and fit can vary depending on the brand and style. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of shopping at a brick and mortar shoe store in Basalt, CO instead of buying online:
- There is no universal shoe last: A shoe last is the solid form around which a shoe is molded. Every style of shoe mold makes each shoe brand and style its own, which is why you probably have a favorite brand and fit you keep going back to whenever you need new footwear. In short, because each company uses a specifically chosen form, there is no universal shoe last.
- There are unique fits on all brands: Due to the fact that there’s no universal shoe last, two pairs of a similar style that are made by different companies will each have their own unique fit. Which leads us to our next point: trying on the shoes.
- Trying on shoes is a must: Since all brands offer their own unique fit, you need to try shoes on and walk around in them before buying. You should want to try them on in-store before purchase to make sure you like them. While you’re there, make sure the insoles feel right. If they don’t, a shoe expert can help you pick a better insole that gives your feet the most comfort. And the best part about buying from a brick and mortar shoe store in Basalt, CO? You get to take the shoes home same day!
- Support your local economy: When you shop local, your dollars stay local—the store’s employees get paid, a shop owner may donate to schools and organizations in the community and they will likely spend the money they make at other local shops.
- Personalized customer service: An online shoe store does not provide the type of personalized customer service that you deserve. In-store, someone is available to assist you for as long as it takes to find the perfect fit. Even better, shop owners tend to remember the likes and dislikes of repeat customers, making for an exceptional customer service experience.
We hope this post has helped you understand the importance and advantages of shopping in an actual shoe store in Basalt, CO instead of online. If new footwear is in your future and you’d like to try on all sorts of shoe styles, then plan on visiting us at Midland Shoe. Our friendly shoe staff is ready to get your feet into the perfect pair of shoes today!