There’s a pair of shoes for every occasion. You might have a pair you wear for work, nice heels or wingtips for a night out on the town, sneakers you wear for exercising and slip-ons for casual days. For many folks, footwear is either thought of as a fashion statement, worn for a specific purpose or simply a wardrobe necessity when leaving the house. For example, a walking shoe can be all of the above—you just have to select the right pair.
So, what are some of the characteristics of a great walking shoe? And can walking shoes really be considered fashionable? Let’s ask a seasoned shoe store in Basalt, CO for some pro tips!
Fit and feel
- First things first, a great walking shoe must offer arch support. Without it, your arches will strain and hurt while walking or at rest. You also want a shoe with the right amount of padding to cushion your feet all around.
- Since all shoe brands have their own unique fit, you need to try walking shoes on to ensure plenty of toe room. Squished toes will mean discomfort and possible foot misalignment.
- Although good padding will keep your foot from moving around inside the shoe, look for a pair with deep heel cups to cradle the heel to keep the foot from rolling in or out.
- A good example of a well fitting and good feeling walking shoe is the brand Arcopedico, which we carry at Midland Shoe. They offer excellent arch support, are lightweight and don’t add pressure to your feet.
- If your goal is to have both comfort and quality, then you have to be willing to make an investment. This applies to every kind of shoe, from walking shoes to sturdy work boots to travel shoes.
- Not only should you look for a shoe that’s within your price range, but one that fits and works for your lifestyle, as well.
- You can expect to pay between $75 to $200 for a pair of quality shoes, and $175 to $300 for solid, well-made boots. At Midland Shoe, we aim to keep our shoe prices in the middle of this price range.
Fashion and comfort
- Everyone wants a walking shoe that’s comfortable, but not one that looks like an unattractive, outdated orthopedic shoe. In fact, more and more consumers are demanding a product that is both functional and stylish.
- Luckily, the shoe industry has jumped on the bandwagon to make sure comfortable, functional shoes are also fashionable. Otherwise, they will not be desired by buyers.
- If a pair of shoes does not offer both comfort and fashion, then we do not carry them at Midland Shoe! That’s how important these shoe characteristics are to us.
Whether you need new walking shoes or are looking for a pair for another specific function, rest assured that Midland Shoe has a varied inventory ready for the picking. With a friendly and helpful team of shoe experts, we aim to be your go-to shoe store in Basalt, CO. Come visit us today!