Although most of us were told as kids that we lose our body heat from our unprotected feet or head, in actuality most of your body heat will escape through any exposed part of your body. So, since bare sections of arms, legs, neck and hands also contribute to body heat loss, you should bundle up from head to toe when going out into cold weather. Luckily for you, Midland Shoe is more than just a men’s and women’s shoe store in Basalt, CO. We also offer all sorts of clothing, fashions and accessories to go with any style footwear!
With that in mind, here are some of the best women’s fashions to pick up at your favorite shoe store to keep warm this winter:
- Knit hats: Mountain living can involve rather windy weather. When shopping for winter hats this season, make sure you get tight holding beanies or knit hats with long ties. These styles of winter hats will keep your head warm and also reduce their chances of getting blown off in strong winds. And since most any knit cap can complement many winter boots, you can chose just about any color and any knit pattern.
- Chunky socks: No women’s shoe store is complete without a selection of super warm winter socks for their customers to choose from. There are also thick, water resistant socks for folks doing outdoor activities during the cold winter months. Whether you like socks that are fuzzy and warm or want a fashionable knee-high pair, don’t leave the store without first grabbing a few new pairs of winter socks.
- Warm gloves: Sure, you can shove your hands into your coat or pants pockets if they get chilly, but what about the times when you need to use your hands? Driving, carrying shopping bags, opening doors, taking photos and holding your children in your arms all require your hands to be exposed to the cold elements. You can avoid this simply by treating yourself to a new pair of warm gloves!
- Leggings and tights: So you want a coat for your legs. Yes, you could wear long thermal underwear, but why get just okay-feeling thermals when you can keep warm in style wearing tights or leggings? Okay, so no one is going to see them under your pants, but what if you wear a dress? In that case, you can wear stylish tights to keep warm, or wear leggings paired with a pair of cute winter boots.
- Big handbag: Now that you own a whole bunch of new winter-worthy women’s accessories, you are going to need a sizable handbag to carry it all. Not to mention you will likely end up having to carry your spouse’s or children’s hats, gloves and scarves, too! At Midland Shoe, we understand that brand and style variety is a must—browse our shop for handbag brands that include Ellington, Baggallini and Victoria.
For the latest and greatest in women’s fashions, visit Midland Shoe. We’re your premier women’s shoe store in Basalt, CO for winter accessories and more!