The days of the Wild West, complete with horses and cowboys, have made their place in the modern world. In 2016, the fashion of that day and age is back. However, although you may want to stay up to date and incorporate a western feel into your wardrobe, you don’t want to look like you belong on the set of one of those western movies.
The trick is to mix those popular fashions in with your current style. Pick one or two pieces at a time and make them work with your outfit. The following are six elements of western ladies clothing in Basalt, CO:
- The jean skirt: The short jean skirt used to be the popular look, but now it’s the knee-length denim skirt. The thing about the longer jean skirt is that you can wear it in the city, suburban or rural settings, since it will work wherever you are. You can throw it on with a cozy sweater and tights in the winter or pair it with a wide brim felt hat for that true western look.
- Cowboy boots: Boots are always a great accessory and have been in for a few years now. There are so many styles and variations to choose from, from the flashy, embroidered pair to the simple and comfortable boot. Boots can be paired with skinny jeans or flowing, more casual summer dresses. Nobody will mistake your look for anything else but western when you’ve got a pair of cowboy boots on.
- Fringe: Fringe is fun and flashy, but also a typical western look. Among the fashion-forward clothing items with fringe is a jacket. A vintage jacket or a suede jacket with fringe looks cool with all the current new looks, including dark skinny jeans, cashmere sweaters and ankle-boots.
- Embroidered pieces: Flannel is for guys and tomboys. A way to show your feminine side and still have a western feel is to look for exotic embroidered tops that will offset jeans and boots. These tops feel like a blouse, but have lots of white linen and different necklines with delicate ties. Many of them have embroidered, beautiful imagery of birds, flowers or other designs popular in other countries near the neckline.
- Accessories: No matter what outfit you have on, whether it be a past look or a current trendy one, an accessory can help your style have a more western, trendy feel to it. Tooled leather is very in, whether it be in a bag, a belt or boots. It’s a style trademark of the American West. Another fashion statement that was prized in the American West was turquoise and silver. You can find these Native American pieces of jewelry on eBay or Etsy, or sometimes the costume store has simple pieces for a fraction of the price.
The cool aspect of the western look is that you don’t have to drastically change your style to hit the current trend. One or two of these pieces will do the trick. For western ladies clothing Basalt, CO, visit Midland Shoe.