When we think of style, we think of clothing items. We think of button down tops, blouses, skirts, dresses and pants. However, we often forget that having style means dressing well from head to toe.
Although having multiple pairs of shoes is stereotypically a woman’s situation, men need multiple pairs of shoes to complete their wardrobe. It’s not enough to have a pair of shoes for work and a pair of shoes for everything else. The following are must-haves you will find in men’s shoes stores in Basalt, CO:
- Cap toe or oxford dress shoes: These shoes are vital to any man’s wardrobe. These shoes scream professional and confident. These shoes should be worn at formal occasions. For example, a conservative workplace, a job interview, a wedding or court appearances are good uses for these shoes, often called the Lennon and McCartney of shoes. These shoes come in black and brown. While black can be very traditional, brown can add a good variation to your wardrobe.
- Chukka boots: Sometimes you just need a pair of shoes that are a little bit heaver and more durable than dress shoes Chukka boots are great in both professional and casual situations. Chukka boots are ankle-length boots with thin sole and often times no lining. They are often made in leather, but also can be found in calfskin or suede. Men can wear a dark color of these booths with a dark suit and still look polished, while a light color chukka boot puts a great touch on your formal summer wardrobe.
- Neutral canvas sneakers: Every man can find a canvas shoe that fits his style. A canvas shoe is a great summer shoe, a middle ground between a sneaker and a dress shoe. They are made from hemp and some from cotton, so they let your feet breathe. They are also lightweight, so they will feel comfortable no matter what you’re doing, whether it’s going for a walk or running around with your kids.
- Boat shoes: You don’t need to be into fishing or sailing to own a pair of boat shoes. Boat shoes are often seen as casual shoes, but not as casual as canvas sneakers. Boat shoes have a more formal look and have good traction on many surfaces. They are also easy to slip on and off if need be. Many men wear boat shoes in the summer with casual pants or shorts with a polo top or even with rolled-up jeans. If you have a neutral color, you can even wear the boat shoes to work on a casual day. It’s a shoe that works well in two different settings.
- Athletic shoes: This is common sense, but every man needs a pair of athletic shoes for workouts, yard work or in very casual settings. These shoes often come at a great price and in many different varieties.
It’s so important to have the right shoe in the right situation, even as men. Make sure that you or the man in your life completes his wardrobe with these types of shoes. For men’s shoe stores in Basalt, CO, visit Midland Shoe.